Journaling About Christmas Questions
One important aspect of Christmas planning is to write down your dreams, desires, and disappointments. This includes reflecting on Christmases past, Christmas present, and Christmas future.
Each journaling prompt is in two parts. With the first question, you should reflect on either Christmases past, meaning any Christmas holiday from past years, or on Christmas present, which refers to your most recent holiday season. When answering the second question, think about the upcoming Christmas season.
As you continue through each area of Christmas planning, there will be journaling questions to answer, and this set of questions is about Christmas in general. Please be honest with yourself when you answer each question, as you will refer back to your answers when making plans for Christmas.
Answer the following questions on a sheet of paper or download the PDF to add to your Christmas planning notebook.
- What is your earliest Christmas memory? How do you incorporate this into your Christmas now?
- What is your favorite thing about the Christmas season? How do you incorporate this into your Christmas celebrations?
- What emphasis have you put on Christ’s birth during the Christmas season? How do you plan to celebrate Christ during the Christmas season this coming year?
- Was Santa part of your Christmas in the past? How do you incorporate Santa into your Christmas celebrations now?
- What makes Christmas special for you? How is one way you can make this Christmas special?
- What was your favorite memory from this past Christmas? How can you incorporate the memory into this Christmas?
- What things do you wish you had done this past Christmas? How can you incorporate these into this Christmas?
- What are three things that caused you stress this past Christmas? How can you reduce the stress in the three areas for this Christmas?
- What one thing do you not want to do this Christmas again from last Christmas? How can you prevent this from happening again?
- What is one thing you would change about this past Christmas? How will you change or modify the issue?
- What would you not change about this past Christmas? How will you incorporate it into this upcoming Christmas?
- What help did your family give you with Christmas preparations this past year? How can you involve your family in the Christmas planning for this year?
- What other events or holidays do you celebrate during the Christmas season? How will you make the event/holiday special and not get lost in “Christmas”?
- What did you do on Christmas Eve this past year? How do you plan on celebrating this year?
- What did you do on Christmas Day this past Christmas? How do you plan on celebrating Christmas Day this year?